Friday, December 30, 2005

Thank You Lord for Girlfriends

My husband once asked, "Why do women get so dressed up just to go out with their girlfriends?" It was a rhetorical question and, besides, I didn't want to get into it with him. So, I'm going to get into it with ya'all instead.

Girlfriends say, "Way cute outfit!"
Husband's say, "How much damage did that outfit do to my checkbook?"

Girlfriends say, "Love the new haircut!"
Husbands say, "There's something different about you, but I can't figure it out."

Girlfriends say, "That new lipstick color makes you look younger!"
Husbands say, "I'd kiss you, but you have too much lipstick on."

Girlfriends say, "Girl, you look hot!"
Husbands say, "What are you so dressed up for?"

Girlfriends say, "That new haircolor really sets off your eyes."
Husband's say, "Uck, there's a red hair in my soup."

Girlfriends say, "Have you lost weight? You look so slim!"
Husbands say, "You're not pregnant are you?"

Girlfriends say, "Hey, can't wait to go out with you tonight!"
Husbands say, "Why do women get so dressed up just to go out with their girlfriends?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have missed your calling as a comedian!

Nancy C. Brown said...

Too true!
Funny, Maureen!