Friday, December 08, 2006

Happy Birthday


Today, Tween Daughter becomes Teen Daughter 2. Yep, I now have 3 teenagers living in my house. I know I should be afraid, very afraid, but I'm not. So far, teenagerdom has been no more difficult than the other stages. Oh sure, the bigger they get, the bigger the potential trouble. We all know teens who have gotten into trouble with cars, dating, or drugs. But so far, through an awful lot of prayer, we've forgone those kinds of trouble.

I imagine that Teen Daughter 2 will be the kind of teen who will make her mother proud. I must admit that she certainly has a mind of her own, but that's a good thing isn't it. She's a beautiful young lady and well grounded. She's helpful around the house, self-motivated in her school work, and a good example to her little sister and brothers.

One of Teen Daughter 2's birthday gifts will be a chastity ring, as it was for Teen Daughter 1 on her 13th birthday. Rob will take her to the Catholic gift store and they'll pick it out together. I think it's an important ritual - one of the things we do to help her along in this new stage of her life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Daughter 2 is 13 today! Tell her happy birthday for us. I love the idea about the ring.

Renee said...

I like the ring picture you posted. My eldest will be 16yo in just 9 months.... and I would like to get her a ring then.... I need to start looking now and will have to figure out her ring size....
drats this is not going to be easy overseas.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Maureen said...

I just googled "chastity rings." You could also google "purity rings." The one Teen Daughter #1 has says "True Love Waits."

Maureen said...

Michael, Lars says, "Thanks!"

Maureen said...

Lars says thanks to you too Mrs. B!