Monday, February 25, 2008

This Little Light of Mine


Natalie, 16, and Lorraine, 12, are sisters and wrote about their 2008 March for Life experience together:

Seeing as I’ve never been farther than Indiana, going to D.C. was a new but cool experience. It helped to actually be out in the world without someone making sure I knew what I was doing (no offense Mom and Dad). I think uniting against a common evil also drew us closer together as a group. And, as a paper deliverer, I’m one of the first to read of the latest murder or any other violent occurrence and when I see all the reports, I think of how many more should be on the front page; stories on all the murdered babies. So, seeing how many people are willing to give up a few days’ pay (or anything else) was a welcomed and inspirational sight.

It was a powerful sight, seeing the multitudes of people gathered in D.C. I was moved to tears, thinking about how we, as God’s children, could commit such brutality against our fellow man. I recall the song This Little Light of Mine. It may be a simple song, but the words ring true for every ear. We are all like little lights of hope which still shine out amidst the darkness. It is by the grace of God that we have the courage to take a stand against one of the greatest evils of all time. I pray that one day we may all come together united in love with Christ who is the way, the truth, and the life.

Natalie & Rain

No comments: