Friday, April 11, 2008

Sts. Joseph and Jude

Well, it would be crazy of me to expect the purchasing of a new home to go smoothly, but I'm starting to get a little frustrated. I won't bore you all with the details, other than to say that the inspection has been moved. Again! We're looking at another week or two.

My Catholic realtor has suggested a novena to St. Jude. Her Methodist collegue has suggested we bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard.

I don't know about you, I just can't seem to bring myself to put St. Joseph in the dirt. It doesn't seem right.

St. Joseph has a place of honor in our home. My husband and two of my sons have his name (one as a first name and two as a middle name). My father, brother and two of my nephews have his name. St. Joseph rocks at our house!

So, instead of burying him in the ground, we have him in a prominent place, near the window where he can enjoy the sunshine.

Meanwhile, I'm going to take the advice on the St. Jude novena and begin today. We just finished the novena to St. Joseph and I'm pretty sure that Joseph wouldn't mind a little help from his friend Jude in asking Jesus to help us.

And we'll be praying for all of you too! I know many of you are having your own struggles. Ours are really quite minor compared to the needs of others. So, please join me in this novena and let's lift one another up in prayer.

I'll post the prayers each day for the next nine days. St. Jude pray for us!

No comments: