Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mall Walkers in Church

We moved on a Saturday, so I thought I'd be smart and put all of our Sunday clothes together in a safe spot so we could dress easily for Mass the next morning. My plan was to forgo any last minute rummaging through mounds of unpacked boxes.

Well, my plan worked. Sort of. We had our clothes laid out okay, but I forgot about shoes. Most everyone was able to find their Sunday shoes. But me.

I went to Mass in a lovely dress with tennis shoes and bobby socks. I looked like one of those little old ladies who walk the mall before opening hours.

Yep, I went to Mass looking like a mall walker. I'm sure I impressed my new fellow parishioners. Thankfully, Jesus doesn't mind and loves me in tennies as much as in proper black pumps.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Love the image and can so see that happening to me. Thanks for the chuckle!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am terrible about dressing right for church. I try to make it a point not to wear tees, especially wearing thing with logos. I know we don't go to Mass to be walking billboards. I like to get on dress shirts and dress pants, but that's it. I don't bother wearing shoes other than my tennies...I am not sure I still have any dress shoes around! And I got bad when I got pregnant about what I wore and am still fighting with myself to make sure I have something suitable BEFORE Sunday rolls around. With the itsies, I am bad too. I let them wear tees to Mass, but only their Pope On A Mission shirts:)

Anonymous said...

On the bright side, immodesty is forbidden. I have seen some girls (and moms!) wear scandalous stuff to Mass. I can ignore that, but not when they are at the lectern and such. Shouldn't people assisting with Mass in some fashion be held to a dress code, if a parish can't adhere to one. But who I am to critique? I am not a great role model for showing reverence in my attire either.