Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Haystack Full of Needles Again

Alice Gunther's new book continues to amaze. Here are yet more positive reviews.

Melissa Wiley
Karen Edmisten
Leticia Velasquez
Pamela Pilch

Here is an excerpt from the forward by none other than Laura Berquist:

I homeschooled my own children for 23 years. I loved those days, and I can honestly say we had a very good time. Nonetheless, I wish I had had this book. It is practical in the very best sense; it gives excellent, concrete suggestions for providing formative social activities for children and adults, and does so in the overarching light of charity. Alice reminds us to be reasonable in our expectations for ourselves and for others. She gives specific suggestions about time and location that I know, from my own experience, will make a real difference in the success of the activities. I have already taken suggestions from her book and passed them on to other mothers, urging them to buy this book as soon as it is available.

Everything in A Haystack Full of Needles is guided by the principle that we must see Christ in all those around us. That is what makes this such a valuable resource. Frankly, I think it is a valuable resource not only for those who are homeschooling, but for all who have school age children or grandchildren. Alice talks throughout the book about her good friends and she does it in such a way that she, and they, become our friends, too. They become the very best kind of friends, those united in the pursuit of virtue and the love of God.

I love this book and I don't say that lightly. It is truly wonderful. I am honored to write the foreword.

1 comment:

Alice Gunther said...

Thank you so very, very much Maureen!