Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Steve the Balloon

At the end of our house warming party there was a bonfire with marshmallows and the whole bit. There were also balloons. 144 balloons to be exact. The kids discovered that if they blew up the balloons and held them over the fire, they would fly up in the air. (I logged it as "science" on the school transcript.) You wouldn't believe how long such a thing will entertain children and teenagers. It went on all night. I woke up the next morning, looked out my window, and saw a dozen or so balloons up in my trees. And about ten times that many dead on the ground around the fire pit. I wish my camera had been working (it got broke . . . again). It was quite the colorful sight in my backyard.

Here is the story of one balloon in particular -- Steve.


Thank you Jimmy, YouTube extraordinaire, for providing this video.

No comments: