Thursday, December 18, 2008

Boldface Meme

I stole this from MacBeth who stole it from Karen with the shockingly clever blog title.

I don't normally do the meme thing, but I admit it was fun. Read and you'll know more about than you really wanted. If it's bolded then I did it.

1. Started your own blog (duh)
2. Slept under the stars (in my younger days -- these days I insist on a roof)
3. Played in a band (yeah right)
4. Visited Hawaii (I came really close to staying -- it was so beautiful)
5. Watched a meteor shower (once laying on the top of my friend's souped up Cougar with a bunch of other teenagers)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity (it's more fun that way)
7. Been to Disneyland (too expensive!)
8. Climbed a mountain (does a Missouri mountain count)
9. Held a praying mantis (I'm a homeschooling mom aren't I)
10. Sang a solo (trust me -- you wouldn't want to hear that!)
11. Bungee jumped (ummm, not that I remember)
12. Visited Paris (when do we leave?)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea (that would be so way cool!)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (does the art of writing count?)
15. Adopted a child (did my kids put you up to this one -- they've been pushing for us to adopt because we just don't have enough of our own)
16. Had food poisoning (it was horrible!!!)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (I've been to the top of the Gateway Arch but I took the elevator, which if you've ever been to the Arch you know is kinda scary)
18. Grown your own vegetables (doesn't everyone?)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (oooh, that would be fun)
20. Slept on an overnight train (can anyone say motion sickness)
21. Had a pillow fight (still do -- Rob is such an easy target)
22. Hitchhiked (I was young and really, really stupid)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (just yesterday)
24. Built a snow fort (and even had snow fights)
25. Held a lamb (the kids want to do sheep and goats for 4-H so ask me this in a few months)
26. Gone skinny dipping (yeah right -- even in my wild misspent youth I was too modest for skinny dipping)
27. Run a Marathon (would love to but that shortness of breath thing just gets in the way)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (Rob, honey, let's do this next week)
29. Seen a total eclipse (with the paper with the little pinhole and the whole bit)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (my dad, the outdoors man, used to wake me up as a kid with, "Maureen! Hurry! You got to see the awesome sunrise this morning!")
31. Hit a home run (it was a small field)
32. Been on a cruise (Rob, let's go on one of those ones with Scott Hahn, Mike Aquilina, and Steve Ray!!!!)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (Sparky was a newborn -- I'm crazy)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (would loooove to go to Ireland!!!)
35. Seen an Amish community (surprisingly no)
36. Taught yourself a new language (languages are NOT my forte)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (generally speaking)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person (maybe MacBeth will take me)
39. Gone rock climbing (loads of times BC -- before children)
40. Seen Michelangelo's David (okay, we've all already figured out that I haven't been to Europe)
41. Sung karaoke (16 years ago on a Barbie version at a family Christmas party)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt (no, but I saw way cool blow holes in Hawaii)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (it was a homeless man and it was Burger King)
44. Visited Africa (safari!)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (a river beach)
46. Been transported in an ambulance
(at 14 after back surgery -- it took me home)
47. Had your portrait painted (It's hanging in my parent's dining room -- I was only 6)
48. Gone deep sea fishing (my Grandpa Oakley went once)
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person (ooh, ooh, can I go with Scott Hahn, Mike Aquilina, and Steve Ray? and Rob too!)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (sigh)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (I meant to go snorkeling in Hawaii but didn't get around to it)
52. Kissed in the rain (Rob is so romantic)
53. Played in the mud (just last summer)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater (does this age me?)
55. Been in a movie (though I was on the news shaking President Ford's hand)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China (maybe some day)
57. Started a business (can anyone say Amway?)
58. Taken a martial arts class (I watched my kid take a martial arts class)
59. Visited Russia (okay already, I'm not a bold traveler)
60. Served at a soup kitchen (everyone ought to do it)
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (I even won the prize for selling the most cookies)
62. Gone whale watching (I had in-laws who once lived in Alaska and could watch whales from their living room window)
63. Got flowers for no reason (though it's been while -- someone email Rob)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (I passed out the last time)
65. Gone sky diving (I have a girlfriend who used to sky dive)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp (I don't think I could handle it emotionally)
67. Bounced a check (it was the bank's mistake)
68. Flown in a helicopter (in Louisiana to visit an oil rig -- it was awesome)
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (I'm probably one of few women who answer no)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial (I've seen it from a distance on the March for Life)
71. Eaten Caviar (I've also eaten squid, baby octopus, and snails)
72. Pieced a quilt (my girls have but I'm a domestic dud)
73. Stood in Times Square (don't really have a desire for this one)
74. Toured the Everglades (I've been to Florida)
75. Been fired from a job (I was young)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London (when I go to visit the ancestors from the other side of the family)
77. Broken a bone (my middle finger -- I won't tell you how I did it -- I was young)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (I was young and he was cute)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (I've been to the Rockies)
80. Published a book (yeppers)
81. Visited the Vatican (ooh, ooh, can I go with Scott Hahn, Mike Aquilina, and Steve Ray? and Rob too!)
82. Bought a brand new car (I was young)
83. Walked in Jerusalem (ditto on the Vatican and Sistine answer)
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (the first time I was 16 and got snowed in Bismark, ND with a bunch of other high school kids from Missouri)
85. Read the entire Bible (I should've taken Jeff Cavin's advice and skipped Leviticus)
86. Visited the White House (I've seen it on the March for Life)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (if fish count)
88. Had chickenpox (I only had 3 spots)
89. Saved someone’s life (I gave life)
90. Sat on a jury (they don't let you bring nursing babies or homeschooling students with you)
91. Met someone famous (Gerald Ford and Earth, Wind, & Fire -- remind me to tell you the story sometime)
92. Joined a book club (doesn't everyone)
93. Lost a loved one (more than one)
94. Had a baby (a few in fact)
95. Seen the Alamo in person (it was so different than I expected)
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake (but it's so . . . salty)
97. Been involved in a law suit (I sued the drunk who forgot to stop at the red light even though I was stopped in front of him)
98. Owned a cell phone (finally)
99. Been stung by a bee (more than once)
100. Read an entire book in one day (doesn't everyone)

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for the great ideas last night during the online seminar. It was a good help and your resources are a blessing. Thanks again for sharing.

Maureen said...

Thank you so much Dawn! It was fun to do!

Karen Edmisten said...

Fun, Maureen!

Funny thing about our Disney trips -- I got to go as a child, with my family, and then Atticus and I went twice, PRE-children! Now that we have kids, we can't afford it. :-)

And I want to join you on that cruise. :-)

Maureen said...

Let's get planning Karen!

Rob and I really did seriously consider the recent offering to the Holy Land with Hahn, Aquilina, and Ray, but we decided to pay the kid's college tuition this semester instead.

But if I ever get a couple of thousand stashed away -- I am so there!

Not just for the experience of traveling but it would be such a spiritually uplifting trip!

So, if I ever go -- I'll email you for sure! we should start saving our box tops now!

Annie said...

I just did this today! Got it from another Catholic homeschooling blogger....but a few of the items were different. Nothing about killing and dressing an animal, that's for sure!