Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it is, put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron request form right away. This can usually be done online at your library's website.
Title: Freedom: 12 Lives Transformed by the Theology of the Body
Author: Matthew Pinto
Publisher: Ascension Press
Date Published: January 2009
Who am I?
How do I find true happiness and fulfillment?
These are the fundamental questions in each of our lives. It quickly becomes clear, however, that the best the world can offer are counterfeits that wound us, betray us, and leave us wanting. Our longings for love, intimacy, and freedom are good, but the sexual revolution sold us a bill of goods that simply cannot satisfy.
But there is real hope, and it comes in the form of John Paul II’s Theology of the Body.
In Freedom, you will meet people who, through the Theology of the Body, have discovered the meaning of their very existence. They have all realized that the message of the Theology of the Body is the key to understanding their purpose in this life. They have found what we’re all looking for—the authentic path to happiness and freedom.
Through twelve real-life stories, you will:
- See how the Theology of the Body gives you a “new lens” through which to see the world with great clarity.
- Learn how this teaching is uniquely capable of healing past spiritual and psychological wounds.
- Discover how the journey to sexual integration, although challenging, will actually liberate all aspects of our lives.
- Learn the extraordinary connections between human sexuality and the entire Catholic sacramental order.
- See why persisting in sin ultimately leads to misery.
- Understand why “love” is the greatest of the three theological virtues.
- Marvel at God’s powerful and healing grace in the lives of ordinary people.
- See that God’s grace can prevail over any challenge in life.
Our world is yearning for the truth and beauty of the Theology of the Body. The good news is that a new sexual revolution is beginning to take root in the lives of men and women across the globe. Witness firsthand the power of this life-giving message, and discover how you, too, can achieve true freedom.