Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gluten-Free Christmas Baking

I'm getting my shopping list together for Christmas baking. In choosing what will go on the Wittmann goody list, I need to keep my child with celiac disease in mind. The following Christmas recipes are all gluten free and totally yumcious:

Popcorn Snowman
Meringue Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
Fudge Wreath
Cream Cheese Mints
English Toffee
Lollipops

It's different from the days when I would bake hundreds upon hundreds of cookies but no less delicious. And I don't find myself covered in flour at day's end.

2 comments:

love2learnmom said...

Yum,thanks!

Maureen :) said...

Your welcome Alicia! Also good is peanut brittle, caramels, rockey road, caramel corn, peppermint bark, hard candies, molded chocolates, etc.

If you bake GF cookies you need to either make bar cookies or roll up your dough in a ball and stick in the fridge for a while. I've never had much luck with drop cookies and stick to baking them in a jelly roll pan and then slicing into bars. I definitely would never try GF cookie cut outs!