Friday, March 24, 2006

Cancelled the Cable

Speaking of the degradation of television, Rob and I cancelled our cable television. I've cancelled the cable 6 or 7 times over the years, only to reinstate it at the beginning of hockey season. But this time it's for good. Gosh, hockey season is still going strong and Rob was the one to suggest pulling the plug.

I thought that I would go into Food Network withdrawal, but I'm holding up pretty good. I just need to convince my library to buy all of Alton Brown's Good Eats episodes on DVD!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Readers Digest April 2006 page 133: A man and his wife are sitting in the living room. He says to her, "just so you know, I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine. If that ever happens, just pull the plug." So she gets up and unplugs the T.V. Chrissy

Karen Edmisten said...

Maureen,
I can so relate! I still miss Alton. Fortunately, we do have a dozen episodes on tape, from a marathon he did a couple of years ago. (We all still do lines from Alton: "I could rock a rainbow trout to sleep with this baby," said of a wicked spatula ....) But yes, we too, are better off without cable. Hang in there ... Maybe you'll find an Alton DVD tucked into your Easter basket. :-)

Maureen said...

He does have a way with the English language doesn't he!