Saturday, March 25, 2006

Pope St. Nicholas V


A while back, I started a Yahoo group called Pope St. Nicholas V: Catholic Book Lovers Influencing Library Purchasing Decisions. Nancy Brown wrote an article about it in This Rock Magazine: Evangelizing Your Library.

What I do is send out an email, about once a week, that features a Catholic book to suggest to your public library. I plan to also post the featured books here on the blog from now on.

I have a 75-90% success rate with my library. Additionally, I'm requesting books for my homeschool.

If you'd like to give this a try go to your library's website and see if you can make purchasing suggestions online. If so, make a suggestion! If not, next time you visit the library ask for a patron request form and then fill it out. Get your library, and your tax dollars, working for you!

Nancy Brown has a similar Yahoo list for homeschoolers: Homeschool Library Connection.

No comments: