Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hershey Kiss Bread

With all of the latest evidence on the medicinal properties of dark chocolate, I've decided to bite the bullet and eat more of it. In fact, last night I made a healthy side dish for my family: Hershey Kiss Bread made with the dark chocolate version of Hershey Kisses.

It was a sacrifice, but a mom does what a mom has to do.

If you'd like to get your family on the road to good health, here's the recipe (from my sister Chrissy):

Hershey Kiss Bread
20 Hershey's Kisses
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 lg. pkg. biscuits (The kind with 10 in a tube. And make it the cheapo brand. The expensive homestyle version will be too big.)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix sugar and cinnamon.
Put one Kiss to one biscuit dough and close the dough around each Kiss. I roll it around in the palm of my hand to help keep it sealed. Dip into melted butter and then roll into the cinnamon mixture. Layer in a greased Bundt pan. Bake for about 25 minutes, until nicely browned.
Let cool as the chocolate centers will be hot.
Chrissy says you can double the recipe with an angel food pan if you give it extra time in the oven.

The kids have fun helping with this dish. (Hint: Make the kids unwrap all those little foils from the Kisses!)

Great dish to take to a family event or for a special meal like Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious! I'm going to have to but or borrow a bundt pan so I can try it out!!!