Wednesday, November 08, 2006

PopeStNick5: Pope John Paul II


To read past library recommendations, or to join the email list, visit: Pope Saint Nicholas V.

First check to see if this DVD is already in your library's catalog. If it is, put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron request form right away. This can usually be done online at your library's website.

Title: Pope John Paul II
Starring: Jon Voight, Ben Gazzara, Christopher Lee
Director: John Kent Harrison
Studio: Luxvide
Date Released: October 16, 2006
ASIN: B000JR0BYE
Run Time: 180 minutes
Price: 24.95
Comments: Based on the powerful true story.

Addendum: Interview with Jon Voight and another from NCR by Tim Drake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another item NOT in my library, but I made my first request.

I just saw Jon Voight in Faith and Family magazine. Have you seen the movie?

Maureen said...

I haven't seen it yet -- waiting for my library to order it for me :-)

However, my friend Alica (of love2learn.net fame) saw it. She has a review at amazon.com. Just click on the book title in the post and that'll take you to it -- just scroll down to the reviews.

The DVD is also on the front cover of Ignatius' newest catalog.

I wonder if the Jon Voight interview is online. I'll have to do a search -- would love to read it.

love2learnmom said...

Ah, I'm glad you found the review (and found it helpful!). I'm planning on a more detailed review for the love2learn in the near future.

Maureen said...

That's www.love2learn.net for those of you who aren't familiar with this awesome review site. Thanks Alicia!