Monday, July 16, 2007

It's Almost a Real Book!

It's here, it's here! The galley of For the Love of Literature came in the mail today! It was waiting for me when I got home from the kids' 4-H rifle and .22 competitions this evening.

In case you're not well versed in the publishing biz, a galley is basically the completed book unbound (it comes as loose leaf paper). It is my opportunity to make any last minute corrections. No major changes, just glaring spelling errors and the like.

This means that it'll be off to the printer very soon. Oh gosh, twelve years of work almost complete -- I'm so excited!

6 comments:

Renee said...

How exciting!! I can't wait for pre-ordering to begin.

love2learnmom said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Maureen! I am looking forward to having such a good resource for homeschooling.

Anonymous said...

This is very exciting, Maureen. I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Ya-hoo!
I can't wait to have the real thing in my hands as well. What a treasure you are giving us all.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job, Maureen! Looking forward to it.