To read past library recommendations, or to join the email list, visit: Pope Saint Nicholas V.
Check to see if this title is already in your library's catalog. If it is, put a hold on it and check it out. If not, fill out a patron request form right away. This can usually be done online at your library's website.
Title: Do I Have to Go?: 101 Questions About the Mass, the Eucharist, and Your Spiritual Life
Author: Matthew Pinto and Christopher Stefanick
Publisher: Ascension Press
Date Published: January 2008
Price: $12.99 Softcover
From the publisher:
From playing video games to sleeping-in, teens can think of countless things they would rather do than go to Mass on Sunday morning. That is, unless they knew what they were missing. "Do I Have to Go?" explains the meaning and the mystery of Mass in such a way that teens will be asking, "Why wouldn't I go?"
With wit, clarity, and common sense, Matthew Pinto and Chris Stefanick answer the tough questions teens have about the Mass-from the rituals contained in the liturgy, to the doctrines of the Eucharist and the priesthood. When teens understand that the Mass is literally the meeting place between heaven and earth, they will have a newfound sense of awe and a deeper understanding of their role as a Catholic in a post-modern world. In “Do I Have to Go?” you will learn:
* Why the Mass is an essential part of the Christian life
* The mystery of the Eucharist as the Real Presence of Jesus’s Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity
* How the redemptive work of Jesus Christ is communicated to and through the Church and the sacraments
* The meaning of all the gestures and symbols of the the Mass
* How the Mass has developed from its roots in the Old Testament, through its institution by Christ
* The importance of the liturgical seasons for the spiritual life
* And much, much more…