Monday, October 27, 2008

Fasting for the Election

I think this election not only calls for fervent prayer but for fasting. Will you join me in a fast for the next nine days? If so, leave a comment and let me know. It would be good for us to do this together as it's not an easy thing to do, especially alone.

I've done a complete fast in the past and my body didn't respond well so I can't do that again. Instead, I'll commit to a regular meal at lunchtime and then only 100% juice in between.

If your health won't allow for a fast from food, how about a fast from TV, the internet, or something else?

Let's all commit to pray and fast together.

6 comments:

gradchica said...

Count me in. One meal at dinner, only liquids in between (I consider drinking coffee an at of charity toward my neighbor :)

Anonymous said...

I'm praying a novena and will try to fast, though I'm not very good at it. I'm giving up Starbucks which is my favorite indulgence.

Heidi

Anonymous said...

I'll join you in a novena for peace and national unity.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I are both fasting starting today (one week before.) I'm glad to know there are others doing so to!

Dawn said...

Count me in for the Rosary every day. Thank you for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea!

We are encouraging this too, and offer a site to help folks formally commit to prayer and fasting for the 2008 election - and some supporting prayers & info.

www.FastForHope.com

If you have a moment, please sign up & encourage your believing communities to do so too!
-Greg