Saturday, December 17, 2005

Homeschoolers Rock!

The play performance went great! It was a nice homespun play. It was no Broadway production, which is what I liked about it. Not too many practices and just enough fun!

The kids were absolutely awesome. My oldest was battling a cold and I loaded him up on Vicks 44, which may not have been the smartest thing as he got a little foggy on his lines at one point. But he still did an incredible job as the Franciscan missionary and as one of the rappers.

My second child played the sweet 1920's teacher and an evil developer. She had a beautiful stage presence.

I would tell you about my third child but she won't let me.

My fourth child was a Chippewa child, a homeschooled child, and an extra in the crowd scenes. He only had two lines, but his funny personality shined through.

All their friends did great too. There is a lot of talent out there in the homeschooling community!

It was wonderful too working with all the moms and dads. I've never worked on a play before and there sure is a lot of behind the scenes work to be done. I look forward to doing another production . . . someday in the future.

No comments: