Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Cost of Seeing



I went to the eye doctor today and I'm on the fast track to old ladydom. I bypassed bifocals and went right to trifocals. Yikes!

Actually, they're progressive lenses, or something like that. I'll be able to focus at three distances -- reading, computer, and distance. It'll take a few weeks to get used to them.

And I won't even go into the cost of these Cadillac glasses!

Meanwhile, I have to wait a week or two for them to come in. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen,

Love your blogs. I read them almost daily and I really do enjoy them. Thanks for sharing.

Hey, don't know if you know this but I have been wearing progressive lenses for about 3 years now. Took forever and a day to get used to them, but now I wear them 24x7 and can see again. Don't get anxious when it is difficult at first. They really are very hard to get used to. Just keep wearing them and your eyes will soon begin to adjust.
Good luck. Let me know how it goes. Give all the kids a kiss from me. Love, Sue

Maureen said...

When my cousin Mike examined my eyes a couple of years ago, I needed bifocals but we put it off because they're so hard to get used to. But there's no putting it off anymore. I'll be glad to see again! Still waiting for them to come in.