Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pittsburgh Catholic Homeschooling Conference


The Pittsburgh diocese is hosting their first ever Catholic homeschooling conference. And I'm really excited that I've been given the opportunity to participate as a speaker.

The really neat thing is that they will be offering children's activities throughout the day. This is a first for me. I've visited homeschooling conferences all over the country and usually parents are asked to keep young children at home with the exception of nursing babies.

If you're in the Pittsburgh area, make sure to come and visit me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh, I just discovered that I'll be running one of those "children's programs" - a workshop on writing and publishing. Now to figure out how to fill 45 minutes... somehow I don't think just saying "Write a book, and send it to a publisher" will work. :-D

Anonymous said...

oops, blogger didn't put my name in - it's Michael A.

Maureen said...

Is that your daughter doing the girls club workshop. Cool!

Maureen said...

Oops, that would be your sister.
Mike is dad, Michael is son. Okay, I've got it straight now.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great Conference. Wish Pittsburgh wasn't so far away. Congratulations on being one of the speakers!

Anonymous said...

Maureen,
I found your blog! And I tentatively clicked on the link to find the date of the Pittsburgh conference, hoping it would be in the summer. Darn. I think two weeks before this baby is due wouldn't be a good time to travel 3 hours w/ just the little darlings. ah well... Would have love to come. I think the children's program is a great idea!!

Maureen said...

Hopefully, you'll get there next year! God bless you and the baby!!!!