Wednesday, January 04, 2006

How Could Santa Do This To Me?


After potty training six children, you would think that I'm an expert. Nope. Super Toddler has proven to be a tough foe. He absolutely refuses to be potty trained. I was at my wit's end until I had a genius idea. Or so I thought.

I decided to have Santa Claus bring Super Toddler a set of Spider Man underwear. There was no way that the boy could refuse both Santa and Spider Man. No way. Or so I thought.

Christmas morning, Super Toddler rips open his present from the beloved Santa, stands up, staring at the underpants with a look of disgust while holding them at arms length, and cries out, "Doesn't Santa know that I love my diaper?!" He then tossed the underpants aside and said in a sad pitiful voice, "How could Santa do this to me?"

I have since resigned myself to the fact that I will have to explain to my future daughter-in-law on her wedding day why her husband-to-be still wears diapers.

No comments: