Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Danny's Novena, Day One

NOVENA TO GOD THE FATHER

(pray for 9 days or 9 hours straight)

God, my heavenly Father, I adore You, and I count myself as nothing before Your Divine Majesty. You alone are Being, Life, Truth, and Goodness. Helpless and unworthy as I AM, I honor You, I praise You, I thank You, and I love You in union with Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Savior and our Brother, in the merciful kindness of His Heart and through His infinite merits. I desire to serve You, to please You, to obey You, and to love You always in union with Mary Immaculate, Mother of God and our Mother. I also desire to love and serve my neighbor for the love of You.

Heavenly Father, thank You for making me Your child in Baptism. With childlike confidence I ask You for this special favor:

I come to you humbly with all my love. Please use all the love in my heart, and the Love of Your Most Sacred Heart to have mercy on Danny and lead him to Your Divine Kingdom. I pray all of this in Jesus’ Most Holy Name. Please have Mercy on my family and all of the families of the individuals who are joining in on this awesome gift of prayer You have given to us.

I ask that Your Will may be done. Give me what You know to be best for my soul, and for the souls of those for whom I pray.

Please give me Your Holy Spirit to enlighten me, to correct me, and to guide me in the way of Your commandments and holiness, while I strive for the happiness of heaven where I hope to glorify You forever. Amen

No comments: