Monday, November 19, 2007

Deer Hunting Women

I love my kid. I really, really love my kid. So much so, I sat out in the cold with her for hours last night deer hunting. Yep, you heard me right. Deer hunting. And I'm off in a few minutes this morning to do it again. Sitting out in the cold for hours on end, without moving, so my Teen Daughter can shoot a deer.

Well, I got to go get my long johns on and get bundled up. I'll tell you all about it later. After my fingers thaw.

Oh gosh, what will I do if she actually bags one!

4 comments:

Jen Ambrose said...

Will you actually gut it? Do you love her that much? :-)

Maureen said...

I do love her that much -- LOL! I would rather not help her gut a deer, but if I had to, I would. I'm the daughter of a lifelong fishing/hunting enthusiast, so I'm not as grossed out by that sort of thing as most. Fortunately though, much to my relief, my neighbor volunteered to be available should an actual deer be shot and need gutting, as well as butchering. But, so far, no deer. Just cold noses and toes.

aylawolf said...

I went hunting because I really love my husband!Now I go hunting because I really love hunting!Christmas Eve morning I went hunting and the sky was so blue and clouds so beautiful that I didn't care that I didn't see a deer or that the temperature was 23 degrees.Keep going, what better way to spend quality time with your daughter.

Maureen said...

Aylawolf,

That is so awesome! One of my dad's best friends hunts with his wife. I think it has really enhanced their marriage.

Kind of like the way I've come to love hockey. Rob LOVES hockey and it's better to sit an watch it together than to grumble about being a hockey widow.

Though, I don't get out on the ice with him and actually play. Instead, I man the warming house.

Anyway, good luck hunting. It is the hunt that's fun, but I still hope you bag one for your freezer :-).