Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Catholic Exchange and Homeschooling


Catholic Exchange has a couple of articles up that are of interest to homescholers.

Mary Jo's Confession of a Homeschool column, Being a Wierdo Has Its Benefits.


Those other weirdos are still my friends, thank the Lord. They have been my supports and mentors for more than a decade. And when I think of what it means to be a committed mom, those three always top my list. This race is going to be a dead heat, and I don’t even mind because all of us have benefited greatly from daring to be weird.



While I was writing my novel ReEnchantment: A Schoolboys' Adventure, one of the scenes I struggled with was when the mother, contemplating schooling her own child, has doubts about her ability to do the job. There are a number of motives at work in the character I developed, but unquestionably one of the major worries that beset her and most parents considering home school is whether they have the skill. I contend theirs is nothing more than a temporary lack of confidence.

No comments: