Tuesday, October 16, 2007

State Approved Curricula

One question I get from new homeschoolers is, "Should I go to the public school and get their curricula?"


No! My husband works in public education. I've seen their curriculum. First of all, it's designed for a large classroom setting, not for a mother working one-on-one with her child. Second of all, it's all color and glitz and no content.


The NEA would have us all use state-approved curricula, but in all honesty you'd do much better going to the public library and just borrowing real books.

The state doesn't know what works best for my individual children. I'll go so far to say that it doesn't even have my child's best interest at heart. The state cares about the state's best interest. The state's main concern is a citizenry that serves the state. My main concern is a child who serves God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah to that! :)

Heather said...

Do all states even have a universal curriculum one could use, if one wanted to? I think CA does, but really doubt MI (where I am) does.