Friday, November 21, 2008

Organizing Your Homeschool Classroom Update


Walter has opened up the online conference, Organizing Your Classroom 101, to 15 more participates. So, if you were on the waiting list you are now enrolled. Plus there 6 newly opened spaces if you'd like to still join us.

If for some reason you can't make the virtual conference after you enrolled, please make sure to go back and cancel your registration. That way, someone else can take your place if there ends up being a waiting list again.

Walter and I did some testing the other night. One thing I found was that the conferencing software didn't work on my Firefox browser system. I had to get switch over to Explorer.

Make sure to show up a little bit early as there is some software you may have to download -- it only takes a couple of minutes.

There is one other bug we're trying to work out. My internet is not exactly stable way out here in the boondocks. It has a tendency to go completely down now and then and it probably wouldn't be a good thing if my connection went out right in the middle of my presentation! So I'm looking for another location. Maybe I can drive into town and give the conference from my car in the parking lot of Starbucks. Hey, wouldn't that be fun watching me on video as I sit in my car! There are a few other options so not to worry -- I'll get it figured out before next month.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all on December 17th!

Addendum: The conference went great and you can now download the recorded event for free. Just click on the link the post and then click on Recorded Events. I suggest fast forwarding through the first 15 minutes where we were just getting logistics out of the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maureen, does this work on Macs using Safari, or do I have to give up my reservation?????

Maureen said...

I asked about this and it should work with Safari. I don't have a Mac to personally test it out ahead of time. I'll double check with Walter.

Homeschool Connections said...

Hi, Maureen

I thought I would add the system requirements with more detail on my site. It is www.homeschoolconnectionsonline.com. I hope this helps answers some questions. If there are still some outstanding ones, feel free to have them call WebEx Technical Support 24x7 at 1-866-229-3239 (US and Canada Toll-Free)
+1-408-435-7088 (International Toll).