Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pray for Thanksgiving Travelers

I was planning on leaving with 4 of the kids (Rob and the rest joining us later) at 6 this morning for St. Louis but alas the weather and the roads are not cooperating. We got a couple of inches of snow but our new county has not plowed or put down any salt. The dirt roads surrounding us are especially treacherous. So, we'll wait a few hours before taking off. Once we get to Indianapolis we should be out of the bad weather.

Christian will be joining us on Wednesday as my brother-in-law, the over-the-road truck driver, is picking Christian up in the 18-wheeler on his way home from picking up a load in Pennsylvania. Should be a fun and new experience for Christian.

This is the busiest weekend of the year for travelers. Please pray for all those on the road and in the air as well as for sunny skies across the nation. Any extra prayers for my family's safe travel would be extra appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sitting here in my short sleeves, I had forgotten about the snow,cold, ice ect. I will be praying for you but it will be hard to focus when the weather is a balmy 65. :) Joking aside, I miss you all and will be praying for safe journey and a joyous holiday. Kiss the kids for me!! Blessings Chrissy

Simple Faith and Life said...

Praying for a safe trip for all of you!!

MM