Saturday, September 15, 2007

Catholic Exchange: Homeschooling Channel

I was on the phone with my editor at Catholic Exchange to let her know I'm ready to get back to writing my regular column after a summer break. Somehow, before hanging up, I found myself the new content editor for the homeschool channel.

The pay is right in line with my other writing jobs -- free. Hey, at least I didn't take a pay cut. And I'm very happy to have the opportunity to bring the good news of homeschooling to a larger audience.

I have lots of ideas about expanding the focus of CE's homeschooling channel. However, it will have to wait until I can get high speed Internet. That's okay though, because I'd like to take baby steps. We'll start with regular articles by a variety of authors. Later we'll add podcasts, videos, and other fancy stuff.

In the meantime, if you're looking to donate a little cashola to a good nonprofit group, Catholic Exchange is the place to donate! It isn't cheap bringing Catholic news to the world, even when your writers work pro bono.

No comments: