Monday, September 24, 2007

CE: The Beauty of Eating Words


Mary Jo Thayer's first Confessions of a Homeschooler column is up at Catholic Exchange. This week's topic: The Beauty of Eating Words.

I admit it. I did not want to homeschool my kids. In fact, I said emphatically to my friend Anne one day, with my hands on my hips, at her announcement that she was going to homeschool, "I will never homeschool my kids!"

Mary Jo and I have been friends for a long time. She was one of the pioneering homeschoolers who first welcomed me into our local homeschool support group more than twelve years ago. I love Mary Jo's column, which will run for 20 weeks, because I've experienced some of those stories with her. But, I think you'll enjoy it too.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I loved this column. I sent it to a friend I first met in Korea because she said she would NEVER homeschool and ended up doing so for a few years in Korea :)

EC Gefroh said...

That is wonderful! I knew she'd hit the big time one day :-) I tried to leave a comment over at CE but I think I have to register first. I hope she sees this here. Well Done Mary Jo!