Friday, September 21, 2007

CE: A Student's View

The new and improved Homeschool Channel at Catholic Exchange is up and running. I decided to start with Teen Son's Heart and Mind column from a couple of years ago:
I love homeschooling; although I can't compare it to going to "real school," as my siblings call it, I'm sure I couldn't be more happy with any other form of education. With homeschooling there's no "hurry up and wait" like my non-homeschooling friends tell me there is at traditional school. I only have to walk the distance from my bedroom to the living room!
Monday will be the debut of Confessions of a Homeschooler by my good friend Mary Jo Thayer. Confessions will run every Monday for the next 20 weeks. Mary Jo's column is frank and yet so funny.

Wednesdays will alternate between my column and guest columnists. I will also run guest columnists on Fridays.

So, there you have it -- three days of homeschool reading at your fingertips each and every week.

If you don't want to miss any of the fun, I suggest going to Catholic Exchange's website and signing up for their daily digest. Just scroll down the sidebar on the left and look for Newsletter. The digest includes a list of all the CE articles for that day, plus the Words of Encouragement and Homily of the Day.

If you'd like to write a column, email me. I'd love to send the writers' guidelines to you.

No comments: