Sunday, April 22, 2007

Our Week in Pictures












A busy week. Not only did we catch Junior, but we celebrated a birthday, had a Confirmation, and went shooting.

Super Boy turned 5-years old. As of September, for the first time in almost 18 years, I'll no long have a preschooler in my house. My "baby" will be a kindergartner.

Teen Daughter 2 celebrated the Sacrament of Confirmation. It was interesting as I watched each of her classmates step forward to be confirmed. They were all so nervous they looked like they may pass out any second. But TD2 had the most beautiful smile on her face. She was not only fully ready to receive the sacrament, but joyful about it. I'm so proud of her.

And . . . for the first time in my life, I shot skeet. As a girl and a young woman I had experience with hand guns and rifles, but that was a looong time ago, and I've never held a shotgun. I have to admit it was a lot of fun. It was hard, but fun. Thank you to Andrew who talked me into giving it a try and then coaching me. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks after all.

The teens and their friends got a kick out of it too. They were at a different part of the range, shooting muzzle loader. When someone told them I was shooting with my friend Debi, they all climbed up on the burm with binoculars to watch us. We had no idea at the time.

Today, we celebrated with our friends the B's as their son Matt made his First Holy Communion (sorry I don't have a picture). It was a lovely Mass and a lovely day.

Now, I'm going to go lay down and rest for a few days.

2 comments:

Simple Faith and Life said...

What beautiful children, Maureen!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! And they all look so happy and sweet!