Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Paul and the March


I asked the teens to write a few paragraphs for me on their March experience. I'll be posting them over the next several days. Here is the first, from Paul, age 17:


I just got home from the March For Life in Washington, DC. It was an amazing trip. On one hand it was wonderful, and on the other it was very saddening. It was saddening because I finally started to realize what a horrible holocaust has been going on in this country for the last thirty some years, and I realized it on not just a local scale but on a national one too. But it was also wonderful to see thousands of people meet on a cold wet day for such a great cause. All it takes is one good person to change the world, and on Monday I saw thousands. My goal for this trip was to come home a little stronger and wiser person than when I left, and I have done just that.

I also have been able to understand my friends a little more, been able to talk to them about their beliefs and opinions. I got to hang out in a very comfortable setting with some wonderful people. The only thing that could have made this trip better is if we all could have gotten a few more hours sleep. :-)

I want to thank Mrs. Wittmann, Mr. Stenske, Mr. Aquilina, Dr. Donnelly, Fr. Jim, and all you people who had to put up with me for three days, I hope you enjoyed me as much as I enjoyed you.

I pray to God there isn't a next year, but if there is I'll be there with a banner in one hand and a friend in the other.

God Bless!
-Paul

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're quite welcome, Paul. Hope to see you next year.